...and many of you are probably going: "UH BUH BUH BUH...WAAAAAH?! Who the heck is this guy?"
...a few are going: "WHHHHHHAT THE FU-"
...and a couple of you ( in particular) are going: "Oh geez, now THAT is really obscure!"
....and all of you are probably thinking: "Why him?"
Well, there is a reason why I chose Mr. Smith to represent Hey Arnold, and that reason is that you know absolutely NOTHING about him. As I've hinted before, you never heard him spoke, you don't know what he looks like...heck, you didn't even see him past season one. All you knew is that he was apparently a secret agent working for the government. I think that very air of mystery made him a prime candidate for the roster, because players will wonder what's his place in all of this. Why is this man of mystery here, and what moves would he have? There's so much potential to explore in this character, it's insane.
Some people who entered the contest told me that Monkeyman was their guess. Noble effort, guys, but the thing about it is....you know what he looks like. One of my hints clearly stated that this character is a mystery in his own show, and you don't even know what he looks like there, either (I really thought that would have given away the answer.). That and I thought he'd make a very lousy surprise character, too. Others guessed that it was Arnold. Arnold begins with an 'A', guys. The spoiler list shows an 'M'.
Well, like I said, I hope nobody screams bloody murder over this choice, believe it or not, it was either him or the Sewer King, but I really don't think anybody would like seeing a hunchbacked hobo muttering about 'The Royal Icon' here. Lest we forget, I like unorthodox choices. Well, enjoy.
Ultimate Nickelodeon Brawl Stars X #43
From: "Hey Arnold!"
First Appearance: "Door Number 16", December 9th, 1996
The man known only as 'Mr. Smith' is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Due to his secretive nature, nobody seems to know who he truly is. What is known is that he once resided at Sunset Arms, but left once the tenants became suspicious of him and wanted to pry further into uncovering his identity.
WARNING - CLASSIFIED INFORMATION: FOR 'MR. SMITH' ONLY!
Your mission is one of utmost importance. An unusual entity has been sighted at the following co-ordinates:
This entity, classified as PD-224, has been linked to several global attacks. We believe PD-224 is a threat to national security, and we need it neutralized at any cost. You will be supplied with many essential materials needed to complete your mission. We have dispatched numerous resources to deal with this threat, but no no avail, brute force has failed thus far. However, the agency has reason to believe that several empowered 'heroes' are collaborating to combat this threat at -REDACTED-, one of whom -REDACTED- has had experience with PD-224 before. You are to monitor the activities of this group as well, and, if possible, aid in their efforts if it will result in PD-224's termination.
Be warned that should this mission end in failure, in the interest of national security, we will be forced to disavow any knowledge of you or your actions.
We know you are the best man for the job.
Mr. Smith has no speaking lines, but his actions vary depending on who he is facing.
- *checks wristcom, turns towards opponent* (Intro)
- *descends using rocket powered boots* (Intro)
- *climbs down from helicopter* (Intro)
- *is sipping tea, but acknowledges opponent and quickly puts it away behind him* (Intro)
- *tips hat* (Intro against Dudley or Doug if in Smash Adams costume)
- WRISTCOM: WARNING! Wanted fugitives ahead. PROCEED WITH CAUTION. (Intro against Professor Calamitous or Beautiful Gorgeous)
- *performs a gentlemanly bow (like this: [link])* (Intro if opponent is Kitty Katswell, Asami or Korra)
- *performs a formal Japanese bow* (Intro against Kimi)
- *takes off bowler (tip of the hat gesture) without revealing face, walks away* (Win Pose)
- *tips hat, uses rocket boots to fly straight up and away* (Win Pose)
- *ladder from overhead helicopter descends, Mr. Smith grabs it and flies away* (Win Pose)
- WRISTCOM: MISSION COMPLETED. RETURN TO HEADQUARTERS FOR FURTHER BRIEFING! *Mr. Smith uses rocket boots to fly up and away*(Win Pose against the Final Boss)
- "...." (Victory Screen)
Mr. Smith.....interesting choice. I would've guessed Miles (Arnold's dad) when I saw the M in the spoiler list for 'Hey Arnold!' (Miles was UBER AWESOME!). His adventurous life and personality would've made for an excellent game, especially when paired with Mr. Smith. Oh, and why not put Arnold in for good measure?
Quotes for Miles (Voiced by Craig Bartlett):
- "Miles Shortman at your service!" (Intro)
- "Arnold, my son, this will be our biggest adventure yet." (Intro if paired with Arnold)
- "Alright, everyone! Let's show them how we did it back in the day!" (Intro if team consists of any combination of Tommy, Ren and Stimpy, Doug or Arnold as Miles's partners)
- "Spongebob! Long time, no see! Boy, you've really let yourself go!" (Intro against Spongebob)
- "Okay, now I know I'm dreaming. Even I know that aliens don't exist!" (Intro against Zim)
- "Tommy, buddy! I hear you're a director now!" (Intro against Tommy)
- "How long have I been in San Lorenzo? Now there's an 8th Rugrat?" (Intro against Kimi)
- "Fairies? Really?" (Intro against Timmy Turner)
- "Yo, Otto! Arnold's been telling me some great things about you! Let's see some of those sweet moves" (Intro against Otto)
- "Arnold....I don't want to hurt you. But you're still grounded when we save the world." (Intro against Arnold)
- "Mr. Smith, it's been a while! You still up for this?" (Intro if paired with Mr. Smith)
- "You're finished, evil one!" (Intro against any villain)
- "Hmmm....a halfa. That's a first." (Intro against Danny Phantom)
- "That's one big head." (Intro against Jimmy Neutron)
- "This is it.....the world as we know it is in my hands" (Intro against Pariah Dark) (Intro changed to 'our hands' if in a team)
- "The police will take things from here." (Win Pose against villains)
- "Mission accomplished! The world is safe once again!" (Win Pose against Pariah Dark)
- "Yet another day in the life of Miles Shortman!" (Win Pose)
- "Tommy, you're a pretty adventurous guy! Good luck on the movie career!" (Win Pose against Tommy)
- "Science is cool and everything, but nothing compares to good old-fashioned combat skills." (Win Pose against Jimmy Neutron)
- "We did it, Arnold!" (Win Pose if paired with Arnold)
- "That's an old school beatdown for you!" (Win Pose if team consists of any combination of Tommy, Ren and Stimpy, Doug or Arnold)
- "Even mom could've beaten you and she's crazy! (Win Pose if Miles wins on a Time Out)
- "Well done, Player! Now let's be off to our next adventure!" (Win Pose if Miles wins on a Perfect)
- "You know, you could be a big help against this Pariah Dark guy." (Win Pose against Danny Phantom)
- "Told you! ALIENS ARE NOT REAL!" (Victory Screen against Zim)
- "Whoops....sorry, Arnold. You're still grounded for trying to destroy the world." (Win Pose against Arnold)
- "I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" (Win Pose against the Flying Dutchman)
- "An adventurer NEVER quits!" (Win Pose in online matches, especially if opponent is a habitual ragequitter)
- "Still as sharp as ever, Mr. Smith." (Win Pose if paired with Mr. Smith)
- "Saving the world 90s Style!" - (Victory Screen if team consists of any combination of Tommy, Ren and Stimpy, Doug or Arnold)
- "Let that serve as a lesson to all of you that good will always triumph over evil!" (Victory Screen against villains)
- "Back to the Ghost Zone for you, Ghost King!" (Victory Screen against Paraiah Dark)
- "I gotta say.....you've got what it takes to be the next great inventor there, Jimmy!" (Victory Screen against Jimmy Neutron)
- "If you're ever in need of an adventure duo for one of your films, Tommy.....don't hesitate to ask me and Arnold." (Victory Screen against Tommy)
- "You know, you and Timmy Turner could be long lost brothers or something." (Victory Screen against Danny Phantom)
That's all I've come up with so far. I'll try and have more as they come to me.
My guess was Monkey Man. If not that, than Bridgett from the movie. But THIS?! I don't even remember him!
Well, I was little when i watched hey, Arnold!
shouldve read all the clues myself though
but its the first time he's technically introduced to the viewer