Hey, everyone. I know it's been a while since you've last heard from me.
I just wanted to keep you guys posted on what's been happening over the last few weeks on my account.
As you may have noticed, I've posted up some samples of my logowork and crafts. There were done for other projects, and for the longest while, I've basically kept them to myself, but I felt that it possessed enough artistic merit to be put here. Here are some of the samples I've posted:
Now, admittedly, logos aren't my strongest point, but if you like what you see, I can fix something up for you at a price. More on that later, though.
And now, on the projects near and dear to your hearts...
- As you may have noticed with characters such as Ember and Raphael, I'm trying to release the alternate costumes in batches, so that things get done at a quicker pace and you'd have more to look forward to with each update. Characters with only one costume released so far will get another costume update here and there to wrap things up for them. Characters that have complete costume sets so far: Jenny, Azula, Vendetta, Vega, Vexus, (that's a lotta Vees) Kitty Katswell, Raphael, Toph and Black Cuervo. I currently have alternate costumes drawn out (but not coloured) for Korra, Reptar and Jimmy Neutron as well.
You may notice that the characters getting the short end of the stick in the costume department are the X Update characters. I'll put up a poll, let me know what characters in the X series you'd like to see alternate/Halloween costumes for.
- Being the final boss, Pariah Dark will have no alternate costumes or palette swaps. You can pretend he's a pirate if you want, since he's got that whole eyepatch thing going.
- Remember that stage concept sketch that I lost a while ago? I found it! Granted, backgrounds and stages are not my strong suit (heck, I might commission somebody competent to help me do them if the price is right) but you might see me post the work-in-progress here sometime this week or the next.
- Believe it or not, I have no idea who I'm revealing as the next Time Release character for Brawl Stars. I have a couple of characters in mind, but I have to decide whether or not to use this opportunity to balance out a certain section of the cast, or pander to complaints that a certain series wasn't repped enough.
- Later on, I'll release a 'damage chart' for the characters in Brawl Stars. What is it? Basically, characters in modern fighting games have a 'scale' concerning how much damage they can take before they're knocked out. In UMvC3, characters have 1,000,000 Hit Points as a measuring stick (Characters such as Ryu and Wesker are considered 'average' in that regard). Characters that go higher tend to be big guys than can take a lot more punishment (Hulk, Thor, Nemesis), and those that have lower tend to be smaller or more agile, but will get killed a lot faster (Zero, Strider, Rocket Raccoon).
Which Nicktoons do you think would fall where on the damage scale? Let me know in the comments below!
Updated Quotes: Mr. Crocker, Rocko, Timmy Turner, Muscular Beaver and Man-Arctica.
- Updates are a bit slow on this. I apologize. I'll try to churn out more a lot more quickly, but I've recently suffered a lack of motivation to do art of any kind (which I got over, hurray.) As you've seen, the roster has been expanded with the addition of Samurai Jack, a -must- in a crossover like this. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to reveal the 'staples' first - characters from Cartoon Network that I feel has to be included. Not a hard and fast rule, mind you, as the next character will demonstrate.
- There will be different types of characters in Crossover Chaos. The Normal characters are those that will be revealed on a regular basis, and will be "available" for both the Arcade and the Nintendo Wii-U console. The Exclusive characters are those that won't be present in the Arcade edition.
In the cast itself, there are "Titans" (no, not THOSE Titans) that tower over the cast like behemoths. Sadly, picking them means that you won't be allowed to select a partner, which means that assist moves and crossover attacks will not be an option. They are fought as the second-to-last characters before the final boss, and beating them on Medium difficulty (or above) will unlock them for regular play. Defeat them three times each on Medium or above difficulty, and you'll unlock new characters that can only be accessed this way!
And last, but not least, you have the "Legends". These would be similar to the Time Release characters in Brawl Stars, but the characters being released are nostalgic characters from the history of Cartoon Network. We've seen the release of T-Bone, from Swat Kats, for example, who is from the 90's era. Who else from the sands of time would emerge in the Crossover? You may be surprised....
- Also similar to Brawl Stars, the cast would get two costumes as well. For the sake of simplicity, they are known as costumes "A" (default) "B" (Alternate 1) and "C" (Alternate 2). B- Costumes are unlocked by beating the game with your desired character once. C-Costumes can either be purchased online, or accessed by beating the game with your desired character 10 times.
TO DO LIST:
1. <---(I am here!)
1. <--- (I am here!)